Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Unidentified Canadian Army Item

Krelf

Unidentified Canadian Army Item Empty Unidentified Canadian Army Item

Post by Krelf Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:13 pm

I got this metal item (possibly chrome) at an auction with other items. I suspect its a vehicle marker of some kind, but would like some input on it. The insignia in the centre has the ER symbol in the middle with Royal Canadian Army Service in small print with a crown on top. It is set on a blue background with 2 centre white stripes, and a yellow stripe on each side. It is then flanked by laurel leaves with a larger crown at the top. It was obviously meant to be fastened to something due to the presence of two bolt holes on a short shank at its bottom.
    qsamike
    qsamike

Unidentified Canadian Army Item Empty Re: Unidentified Canadian Army Item

Post by qsamike Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Krelf wrote:I got this metal item (possibly chrome) at an auction with other items. I suspect its a vehicle marker of some kind, but would like some input on it. The insignia in the centre has the  ER symbol in the middle with Royal Canadian Army Service in small print with a crown on top. It is set on a blue background with 2 centre white stripes, and a yellow stripe on each side. It is then flanked by laurel leaves with a larger crown at the top. It was obviously meant to be fastened to something due to the presence of two bolt holes on a short shank at its bottom.

Sounds like an old style Car Bumper or Grill badge...… I had a couple to the RCR and Royal 22nd...…

Mike
    Krelf

Post by Krelf Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Thank you Qsamike. You're absolutely right. I'll label the item appropriately!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:09 pm