Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia

Trenchfoot

Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Empty Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia

Post by Trenchfoot Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Post-310
    Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Post-311
    Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Post-312
    Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Post-313
    Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Post-314
    I recently got this Canadian combat helmet for means of restoring. I bought it because of the multiple names on the helmet and LAMONT painted on the front. While inspecting it later, I noticed what appeared to be a faded unit insignia on the side which is very hard to see, in the shape of a half rainbow, and in the color green. Any ideas on what unit or what it could be?? (Pictures 3-5 are insignia)

Last edited by Trenchfoot on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot pictures)
    Jonhno

Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Empty Re: Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia

Post by Jonhno Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:22 am

interesting helmet, I can't quite make out the green rainbow and sorry I can't help as to what it means, these were used up to the early 80's in the Canadian army so it might be hard to pin it down 2 thumbs up
    Trenchfoot

Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia Empty Re: Ww2 Canadian helmet with unidentified unit insignia

Post by Trenchfoot Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 am

The liner is ww2. When they were reissued, they were repainted and had a new liner put in. It's not been repainted or refitted with a new liner. That's why I believe the insignia is ww2 era.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am