Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands

qsamike
    qsamike

Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands Empty Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands

Post by qsamike Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:54 am

Good Evening Everyone.......

Back from saleing and going to a few flea markets again this weekend.....

On to France on Monday......

Thought I would share with you my finds.......

1)  Occupation Money, Mint and Uncirculated - Germany  (Understand this is fairly common)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2)  Westerbrok Transit / Internment / Concentration Camp Money Mint and Uncirculated -  The Netherlands understand this is quite Rare in this condition.....

3)  A couple of unopened packages of Cigarettes from the 1940's - The Netherlands, thought that these were not that common as the seller only had one on display and after I bought it he pulled out 5 more packages but then again the two packages for 7 and a half Euros I will not complain.....

4)  A pair of Dutch Afghanistan patches.....

5)  Unknown and Un-labeled Leather Helmet......

Mike
    fireguyfire
    fireguyfire

Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands Empty Re: Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands

Post by fireguyfire Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 am

Nice items! A dream of mine to go over there and hunt for ww2 items also. Is there much hanging about still?
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands Empty Re: Week 2 and final week of Scrounging in the Netherlands

Post by Cameraguy Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Nice picks.Battlefield archaeology...that's what I want to do sometime.Trick is to get it back over through bloody customs!
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Back home.....

Yes there is still a certain amount of WW2 items to be had but you have to look.....

There were a number of flea markets and saw a number German items and one person had a number of WW2 German helmets but at a good price.....

Mike

fireguyfire wrote:Nice items! A dream of mine to go over there and hunt for ww2 items also. Is there much hanging about still?
    walterke

Post by walterke Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:22 am

Holland is great,but try the next time also Belgium!!

Greets
    CampX

Post by CampX Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 am

I have a few Friends in the NL and visit them when I go over. They all relic hunt and some of the finds are something else.
    I have some Para clips attached to camo parachute material, given to me as a gift.
    I am told next time I visit a few of them will take me relic hunting and everything they find that day will be given to me.

When I go to Europe I drive to Normandy, then Flanders, up to the NL then back through the Somme, as I go in late May, the farmers are plowing the fields, in the WW1 areas you can find tons of stuff in the fields.
    I have a lot I have mailed home or just brought back with me

Dean

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:57 am