Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Fruitful collecting weekend

Infanteer
    Infanteer

Fruitful collecting weekend Empty Fruitful collecting weekend

Post by Infanteer Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 pm

It's been a very fruitful couple of days as far as collecting goes. The map cases have escape maps for western Europe and are in pristine condition. The .303 MkII and MkVI ammo is from the turn of the century and quite collectible. The flash makes it look worse than it really is and the best stuff is of course at the bottom of the pile. The RCAF BD tunic is in unissued condition even though I can see evidence of insignia being sewn on at one time. Best part is that I know the name of the officer that it belonged to which doesn't happen often enough. In fact the emergency flying ration, pack of safety matches and a dummy .50 cal round came from him as well. His post war service dress tunics are available in a local shop but I'm trying to stay focused on pre 1945 stuff. The MP40 is all matching and is a late 1943 variation with the lower receiver built of stamped parts. Not shown but also picked up this weekend are a 1933 pattern copper PPCLI cap badge and scarce PPCLI worsted BD slip-on. All in all a very enjoyable weekend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Haplo
    Haplo

Fruitful collecting weekend Empty Re: Fruitful collecting weekend

Post by Haplo Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 am

It was indeed a good weekend.
    Some very nice items you got.
    Great to see that the emergency rations are still full.
    Well done.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Nice haul for sure!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Was it all from one shop or were you on the hunt?

Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Some came from the Calgary gun show on the weekend, some from the Wild Rose Antique show on the weekend, some from the Antique malls in Edmonton and the MP40 was from my buddy. Ya, it was a collecting intense weekend but was fun. Next weekend I'm going to model for an artist friend (Robert Bailey) as he is going to be doing a series of pencil sketches depicting various units in Afghanistan. Should be fun and I'll get some more artwork to hang on the walls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:38 pm