Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

+3
BAP
edstorey
XArmy
7 posters

Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform

XArmy

Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform Empty Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform

Post by XArmy Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:57 pm

Have had this old uniform for years. It came from CFB Wainwright at the end of exercise RV89 (June 1989) where these trial combat uniforms were tested. This was long before CADPAT came out, Canada was looking for a disruptive pattern combat uniform to replace the OG combats. The uniforms were disposed of after the exercise and I doubt there are many (if any) still out there. I do not know whether to sell this or donate to the Canadian war museum in Ottawa.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by XArmy on Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
    edstorey
    edstorey

Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform Empty Experimental Uniform

Post by edstorey Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 pm

I'd be interested in purchasing them, send me a PM and we can sort out the details.

ED
    XArmy

Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform Empty Re: Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform

Post by XArmy Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks Ed, I am going to wait a bit and see if there is more interest. I will get back to you.
    BAP
    BAP

Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform Empty Re: Disruptive Pattern Canadian Army Trial Uniform

Post by BAP Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm

If it goes to Ed it will be properly researched, documented and take its place in the historical record. My feeling is the War Museum may (or may not) be interested but, if they were to obtain it, it would get relegated to the basement never to be seen again.
    37patt
    37patt

Post by 37patt Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:27 pm

I agree with the general feeling on the War Museum. Ed would be a very good place for the uniform to end up at.
    Seaforth

Post by Seaforth Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:06 pm

I'm the curator for the Seaforth Highlanders Museum in Vancouver.  

If you like some help getting in touch with the curators at CWM, drop me a line.  They're slammed right now, but I'm sure they'd be interested.  Conversely, I'd be happy to put you in touch with the curators at TMM in Calgary.  I'd have sent at PM, but I'm new here, and one has to wait a week before sending a PM. I'm not allowed to post an email address here either, but you can find me online with a quick google search (or send a PM) if you'd like a hand getting in touch with CWM/TMM.

Cheers,

James Calhoun
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:26 pm

I know of several collectors who would be interested
    Mike
    Rebel Rouser

Post by Rebel Rouser Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:32 am

I would be interested in it too. I have some modern experimental uniforms in my collection.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm