Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats

CanadianBD

Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats Empty Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats

Post by CanadianBD Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello everyone, im looking to expand my WW2 collection. I am currently searching for originally patched WW2 Battledress tunics (preferably size 11 and up), and WW2 Greatcoats. If anyone has P37 webbing belts id love to get my hands on those as well! If you have anything interesting please give me a shout, id love to see what you got! Im a pretty big fan of P37 sets and would like to set a few up for display, along with a few uniforms. Thanks in advance!
    edstorey
    edstorey

Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats Empty OMG!!!

Post by edstorey Fri May 31, 2019 4:42 am

Judging by the recent steady stream of posts from you looking to identify all manner of BD-type uniforms you have found for sale on eBay and your self-proclaimed lack of knowledge on the subject, might I suggest that you actually buy some references and learn something about the topic before you start your BD resale business - eerr excuse me 'collection'.
    CanadianBD

Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats Empty Re: Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats

Post by CanadianBD Fri May 31, 2019 6:58 pm

I can assure you that what i buy online i do not resell. I am new to this and thought ebay would be the best play to constantly see more material, in which i have many questions. This forum is for collectors to come together and share information, i thought it would be ok for me to ask my many questions here. My collection in small at the moment, and as i invest in expanding it i want to make sure i am buying only original items. Just trying to gather some information mate.
    ypres
    ypres

Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats Empty Re: Wanted : WW2 Canadian Battledress Tunics (Size 11+), WW2 Caps, WW2 Greatcoats

Post by ypres Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:28 am

I think the point trying to be made is that, without a sound knowledge to begin with, the items you are buying now will end up being resold as you discover issues with these early purchases ? It may be better to examine some original pieces at museums, in collections, in books, online etc. than pay tuition at eBay University?

Ypres

Did you end up buying the RCAF uniform?

Last edited by ypres on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:02 pm

For a modest hourly rate I will offer my service as an advisor...
    CanadianBD

Post by CanadianBD Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 pm

ypres wrote:I think the point trying to be made is that, without a sound knowledge to begin with, the items you are buying now will end up being resold as you discover issues with these early purchases ? It may be better to examine some original pieces at museums, in collections, in books, online etc. than pay tuition at eBay University?

Ypres

Did you end up buying the RCAF uniform?

I did not purchase the uniform, nor have i bought the previous listings i have asked questions for.. With an exception with a greatcoat i bought a while back before hand.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 pm

I would avoid ebay if you want to see authentic stuff. It can be a mine field. I started out with some reference books that I read cover to cover and carried with me every where I went so I could use it when I came across stuff.
    Go to shows, handle as many uniforms as you can to get a feel for it. If you want to buy authentic, most of the guys on here are trustworthy.

ypres

Post by ypres Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:10 pm

CanadianBD wrote:

I did not purchase the uniform, nor have i bought the previous listings i have asked questions for.. With an exception with a greatcoat i bought a while back before hand.

I think letting that uniform go was a good move.

Ypres

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:00 am