Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge

Redshirt5

Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge Empty Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge

Post by Redshirt5 Mon May 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi everyone.  I'm trying to identify this badge that was mounted in a shadow box with my Great Grandfather's mini OBE medal, his "For Service at the Front" pin, and cloth patches related to competition at Bisley.  I'm assuming it's related to the other items as they all date from the same time period. Any ideas?
    Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge Img_1412
    Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge Img_1411
    ypres
    ypres

Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge Empty Re: Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge

Post by ypres Mon May 27, 2019 7:02 pm

It appears to be a school pin. The Collège-Seminary of Nicolet in Montreal.

Ypres
    Redshirt5

Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge Empty Re: Seeking help to identify a Canadian WW1 era badge

Post by Redshirt5 Wed May 29, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks...but very odd. As far as I know, he has no connection with the Nicolet seminary...he immigrated to Canada in 1889 where he promptly enlisted in Fredericton. Looks like I'll have to do some more research.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:01 am