Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

QOR Battledress

ypres
    ypres

QOR Battledress Empty QOR Battledress

Post by ypres Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:11 am

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WW2-Original-Canadian-Battle-Dress-jacket-Queens-Own-Rifles/183388893948?hash=item2ab2d472fc:g:LOMAAOSwNJpbemZ1

Anybody see a problem with this ? A rare item that somebody will pay handsomely for …. this would be a best, walking out uniform … How do you think he would have passed inspection? Wouldn't a buddy have noticed and given him the heads up?

Ypres
    Wouter
    Wouter

QOR Battledress Empty Re: QOR Battledress

Post by Wouter Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:44 pm

I'm not too fond of the stitching on the Canada tab and the 3rd Div patch. If all original, the price doesn't seem too high.
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Wouter,

What do you think of the overseas stripes? To me the insignia all look original ….. probably not to the tunic though. The rank seems a little narrow … may have been done … not a huge red flag, but the overseas stripes are a big problem for me.

Ypres
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Clearly a put together mock-up. Original flashes probably (easy to come by; spacing is wrong though)  but there's no way that's an original wartime jacket. Upside down service chevrons? If you're going to fake something, at least do some research!!
    Wouter
    Wouter

Post by Wouter Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:29 am

ypres wrote:Wouter,

What do you think of the overseas stripes? To me the insignia all look original ….. probably not to the tunic though. The rank seems a little narrow … may have been done … not a huge red flag, but the overseas stripes are a big problem for me.

Ypres

I hadn't even noticed the stripes being upside down until BAP pointed it out. For me, the stitching used to sew the Canada tab and the 3rd Div to sew it onto the tunic doesn't look right, so I am going to have to agree with you two gentlemen. Badges probably original, but not to this tunic.
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 am

The sergeant's chevrons do not appear to be Second WW vintage. And of course the service (not correctly called overseas) chevrons are upside down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:22 pm