Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly"

Packhow75
    Packhow75

WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly" Empty WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly"

Post by Packhow75 Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am

I looking for any documentation and photos relating to the Sherman VC "Firefly" - Sherman IC also.

This to aid with the restoration of a vehicle which records indicate ended service with 21st Canadian Armoured Regt in June 1945.

Happy to consider original material or scans/photocopies.

Very keen to obtain WW2 vintage interior pictures and anything giving clear unit and recognition markings.

Also, documentation wise, anything, though especially anything which may have been published by the Canadian army, rather than the British army.

Restoration blog here - though at present we are only just starting out and presently have just started remanufacture of interior tin-work, so there's not so much to see.... www.facebook.com/T289477

Many thanks

Tim
    ypres
    ypres

WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly" Empty Re: WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly"

Post by ypres Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

If I was you, I'd post these request on a modelers blog. The guys who build the scale versions of tanks are sticklers for detail and will probably have all the documents you're after.

Ypres

I found this blog .... these guys may be able to help you.

www.theshermantank.com/category/ram-tanks/

Packhow75
    Packhow75

WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly" Empty Re: WANTED - Documentation and Photos for Sherman VC "Firefly"

Post by Packhow75 Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:35 am

ypres wrote:If I was you, I'd post these request on a modelers blog. The guys who build the scale versions of tanks are sticklers for detail and will probably have all the documents you're after.

Ypres

I found this blog .... these guys may be able to help you.

www.theshermantank.com/category/ram-tanks/

Thanks for the suggestions - appreciated.

Cheers

Tim

Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Check out this website.

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/

Mike
    Packhow75
    Packhow75

Post by Packhow75 Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 am

Tankermike wrote:Check out this website.

http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/

Mike

Mike

Thanks - Am a member there already.

Cheers

Tim
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:53 pm

I checked the site I posted a link to. Hiding on the page was this section specific to the firefly.

All the best,

Ypres

http://www.theshermantank.com/the-sherman-tank-variant-page-pages-for-each-type-of-sherman-tank/the-firefly-vc/

Packhow75
    Packhow75

Post by Packhow75 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:06 am

ypres wrote:I checked the site I posted a link to. Hiding on the page was this section specific to the firefly.

All the best,

Ypres

http://www.theshermantank.com/the-sherman-tank-variant-page-pages-for-each-type-of-sherman-tank/the-firefly-vc/

Ypres

Thanks

Looks very much like the guy has lifted all the drawings from my website. Very Happy

www.shermanvc.org.uk

If you find any other links, please drop them in here - especially keen on any militaria dealers in Canada who stock documentation.

Cheers

Tim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:21 pm