Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress

LittleBlackDevil
    LittleBlackDevil

Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress  Empty Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress

Post by LittleBlackDevil Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Just got this piece in the mail a couple of days ago, very happy to have acquired this nice post-war BD to the Royal Winnipeg Rifles. Nice rifle green Royal Winnipeg Rifles titles. To the left arm rank insignia, chevrons with gold piping under a Queen's Crown with a black backing, indicating Staff Sergeant rank, or more specifically Band Staff Sergeant according to the seller. Insignia is QC so post 1953 however the BD itself is dated August 1947, so perhaps it would have originally had King's Crown insignia that was replaced after 1953. Each shoulder is held in by Little Black Devil regimental buttons, a nice addition to the BD. Overall I'd say a nice BD, post-war dated but still from the late 40s and used into the 1950s. The piece is in overall great condition, no damage or stains. This BD is a great addition.
    Thanks for reading.

Best regards,

-Jamie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Bill
    Bill

Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress  Empty Re: Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress

Post by Bill Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 am

Jamie, it is quite possible that the tunic was not issued until well into the 1950's. When I joined the reserves in 1968, my first bd was new from stores, dated 1954.
    LittleBlackDevil
    LittleBlackDevil

Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress  Empty Re: Royal Winnipeg Rifles Battle Dress

Post by LittleBlackDevil Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Bill wrote:Jamie, it is quite possible that the tunic was not issued until well into the 1950's. When I joined the reserves in 1968, my first bd was new from stores, dated 1954.

Bill,

That was something I had not considered when making this post, but knew in the back of my mind. Yes, due to the insignia QC, it may not have been issued well into the '50s as you said. Still a nice piece I'd say. Thanks for the reply.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am