Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Dunkirk

edstorey
    edstorey

Dunkirk Empty Dunkirk

Post by edstorey Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I never knew Canadians were evacuated from Dunkirk during Op DYNAMO, I learn something new every day....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Jonhno

Dunkirk Empty Re: Dunkirk

Post by Jonhno Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24 am

I just went to see the film the other day, pretty disappointed to be honest, did not get the feeling of the enormity of the event, I would wait for DVD ! and I actually fell asleep (though that could just be my age catching up to me) even though the temp in the cinema was about 3 degrees
    edstorey
    edstorey

Dunkirk Empty Dunkirk

Post by edstorey Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:07 am

Yeah, I thought the movie was a dud as well and did not convey the drama of will a beleaguered army get safely evacuated or not from the clutches of an unseen enemy. Lots wrong with this movie and it confirms that Hollywood motion picture directors need to stay in their wheelhouse as writing historical movies is not the same as directing projects based on superheroes. Thankfully there were no Canadians waiting on the beach as most of the ill-informed Canadian movie-critics would have us believe.

Sponsored content

Dunkirk Empty Re: Dunkirk

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:26 am