Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Calgary museum of the regiments

Tankermike
    Tankermike

Calgary museum of the regiments Empty Calgary museum of the regiments

Post by Tankermike Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:31 am

I recently went to the Military Museums of Calgary, the last time I went was about six years ago. I was really impressed with all the new additions the museum has acquired. The CEF display was outstanding, I would say over 100 complete uniforms, some extremely rare pieces.

The museum also acquired a CF-18 Hornet, F-86 sabre, and a CF-104 star fighter. The armour collection has also increased from last time including a Leopard C2, Buffalo recovery, and numerous other armoured vehicles such as M113's, Lynx, Ferret, etc.

The Navy section was also impressive with many gun turrets and launchers from ships and a Seafury and Banshee aircraft.

If your in Calgary in is worth a visit, and will take at least a day to go through.

Mike

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    barriefield-brian
    barriefield-brian

Calgary museum of the regiments Empty Re: Calgary museum of the regiments

Post by barriefield-brian Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Was there many years ago, it was impressive then. Best museum I have ever seen. Have you been to the naval one? I did not get to it when I was there and was wondering if it was good also. Cheers Brian

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm