Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Empty North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Post by Cameraguy Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I finally got one! This fella is from out of Holland,and I picked it up for an amazingly great price!  You see the extra few pics I've added of the back...Scully/Montreal marked.   The few extras are of Lt. Alden Irivngs officers hat badge,but it is actually custom made from metal wire weave,plus a few pics I wanted to throw in. Watch out..now that I can add pics I'll probably drive you all insane. Sorry about the wonky photos.If anyone can flip those pics right side up,please feel free. Cheers! 

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0210

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0610

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0612

A few battledress and tunics
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0613

The left helmet with the NNSH sigs is original top with respray,and sand from Juno added to the 3rd Div flash paint .All sigs on middle helmet are D-Day NNSH Veterans,most of whom sadly,are gone now.
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0614

Lt.Percey Angus Thurrotte and Lt. Alden Irving Tam O'shanters....
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0615

Lt. Alden Irving's metal wire officers hat badge
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0616

Lt. Ripley and Lt. Irvings MKII's
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0617

Been searching for one of these for awhile.
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0618

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0619

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0620

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0621

Given to me by a NNSH Veteran.
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0622

What a piece of history here!
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0623

All copies of No Retreating Footsteps have many NNSH Veteran signatures that the boys were gracious enough to sign for me.
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0624

And finally...hope you guys don't mind me adding this one.
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Img_0625

Last edited by Cameraguy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 20 times in total
    HLIofC
    HLIofC

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Empty Re: North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Post by HLIofC Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Very nice...congrats!
    sixxpackjack

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Empty Re: North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items.

Post by sixxpackjack Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Nice! Did the cap come with it?
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm

No,the Tam actually belonged "Original" NNSH Lt. Percey Angus Thurrott. The tam came to me as a grouping several years ago with his officers tunic and "Sam Brown". The tam had an "other ranks" NNSH hat badge but I wanted to put this on for display in my office.

I have the other original badge in Lt. Thurrotts tunic marked as the original one to the tam to ensure the history of it.One of these days I'll put all together take a pic and show some of my NNSH collection. I hope others will do same.

Cheers!
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Would it be possible to get images of the back and a good front image (straight on) of the badge?
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:18 pm

Does anyone know if you can flip the photos after they are placed on the site? They are proper when I load them,but flip on their side when uploaded. :P Cheers!
    HLIofC
    HLIofC

Post by HLIofC Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Looking at the pictures of your NNSH collection again...they are terrific, thanks for sharing them!
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you sir! I'm quite proud of it. :)
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. Empty Another add to grouping

Post by Cameraguy Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm

This is the tam and many photos of "Original" NNSH and D-Day Veteran CSM James McLure. Tam and photos were offered to me a few weeks ago,as the seller knew I already had some pieces from the owner. The great thing about this is I finally have photos of the man who's grouping I now own! I'ma happy man!

North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. 20140710[/url
    North Nova Scotia Highlanders officers hat badge plus a few other items. 20140711

I'll upload better pics shortly.
    rip70

Post by rip70 Sun May 19, 2019 6:54 am

Great collection was wondering about the officers pic my great uncle was Lieut Donald Wesley Creelman he served 40 to 46 was wondering if he was in the photo and if so was wondering if there is anyway i could get a digital scan i can pay i have wall with his dad's old ww1 brody helmet and a pic of him in uniform but nothing for Donald except news paper clippings and a few cap badges he passed in Ottawa in 1974
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Sun May 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Sorry,I don't have the officers pic anymore. Its somewhere in France at the moment. :)
    rip70

Post by rip70 Sun May 26, 2019 7:32 pm

no worries thanks for the reply

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:00 am