Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Royal Canadian Navy portable laboratory

Canadian Corporal
    Canadian Corporal

Royal Canadian Navy portable laboratory Empty Royal Canadian Navy portable laboratory

Post by Canadian Corporal Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi everyone. My father in law was an army doctor in the sixties and early seventies. He was givin what I believe a war time Navy portable laboratory. He has just passed it along to me. It consists of a heavy wooden box, microscope, light, glass slides and other laboratory items.                                                         [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The reason I believe its from WW2 is because of the one piece of documentation in the box with a date on it. Inside the microscope user manual is the date 1941 from the Spencer lens company from Buffalo, New York.

If anyone knows anything about this kit, please post it . I would be greatly appreciated.
    GCR817
    GCR817

Royal Canadian Navy portable laboratory Empty King's Crown

Post by GCR817 Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 pm

I would agree with you that the lab is WW2 issue. Did you notice that the painted badge on the front is King's Crown?

Geoff

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:37 am