Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price

501 medic

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price Empty 22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price

Post by 501 medic Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 am

I don't know much about Canadian militaria but I picked up this helmet a few months back. Its dated 1941 and has the 22nd Canadian Regiment decal. The liner is mint. Ever sine I picked up the helmet this gentleman has been asking me to sell it to him. He offered me $250 USD. Before I commit I want to make sure that his offer is fair. What does a helmet like this go for? I don't mind selling it, I just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off. Thanks for the help!

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price 3G53Ff3H85Ke5R15M4d16a8a0c4c2a4b61ae0_zps84d34d76
    edstorey
    edstorey

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price Empty Helmet

Post by edstorey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 am

Did you buy it to collect or resell? Sounds to me like you are doing a quick flip, so if you are happy with the offer then go with it. Why bother asking this forum for a free appraisal?
    501 medic

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price Empty Re: 22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price

Post by 501 medic Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I apologize if I upset anyone. Throughout the many years of collecting I have never sold any of my collection. I just don't know anything about Canadian militaria and this is the only Canadian item I own. I have attempted to research these helmets and I have found nothing on helmets with the 22nd decal.

And to answer your question I did not plan on reselling, however I just got laid off from my teaching position unexpectedly and I'm faced with many medical bills. I don't mind seeing this go to a great home but as I said at the same time I don't want to find out this helmet is a thousand dollar item. Again, I apologize for upsetting anyone on this forum.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price Empty Re: 22nd Canadian Regiment helmet price

Post by jholl72 Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Decaled helmets are not that common so they are hard to price. Of course authenticity plays a part in this too. Period decals can be found and applied to any helmet to sweeten it up. Some more pics to determine authenticity would help.
    Plain jane MKII's often sell in the $100 range, so $250 may be in the ball park. Of course, decaled helmets have sold for more.
    If you have rock solid provenance or its named that also affects the value. Ed's point is that you have to be happy with the price you sell it for. A dealer may sell that helmet for $400 if its a good one.
    Selling can be difficult when you aren't sure what its worth, I've just gone through that myself. My gut was telling me the offer was low so I countered with an offer that I was happy with. Did he steal it from me? Maybe, I'll never know.....but by the time I figure it out it will be too late. LOL

501 medic

Post by 501 medic Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Jeff,
    Thank you very much for that information! With what you have told me I feel comfortable with what the gentleman has offered. I don't mind if its not top dollar, all I really care about it making sure its in a good home. Thanks for the help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 am