Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant

flashlarue

Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant Empty Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant

Post by flashlarue Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm

I am attempting to identify a Sargeant from Co. C of the 13th Battalion of the Royal Highlander of Canada. His first name was Charles but unfortunately someone rubbed out his last name. My guess is the photo was taken jast after WWI as he is wearing the Great War Veteran medal. Does anyone have an idea of who this photo is?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    flashlarue

Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant Empty Re: Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant

Post by flashlarue Wed May 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Does the Aiquillette on the left side mean he was an Aides-de-Camp to a general? And the crossed flags do they mean he was a signaller? Perhaps those items will narrow down who he was?
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant Empty Re: Need help identifying 13th BN Royal Highland sargeant

Post by pylon1357 Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

The crossed flags over top of the rank indicates he is a Signalling Sergeant. Note the two wound stripes on the right lower sleeve as well.

I have no idea how to go about finding out who this soldier is unless, and it is a very long shot, a Roll of Returning Soldiers can be found. Any sailing list I could come up with would be a sailing list for the 13th Bn as they left Canada. I highly doubt it would help in the least.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    flashlarue

Post by flashlarue Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 pm

I guess the C over the 13 on the collar brass stands for Canada not C company?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:17 am