Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.  Empty First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.

Post by pylon1357 Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 pm

First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.  Img_2610

Last edited by pylon1357 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.  Empty Re: First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.

Post by pylon1357 Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 pm

I posted this photo without explanation as I wanted to see the effect, if any, it has on the members here.

As far as I know, this is the first sign declaring the start of the Highway of Heros. It is on County Road 22, Quinte West, also know as Hamilton St. It is located approximately 200 meters from RCAF Road in Trenton.

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.  Empty Re: First Sign on the Highway of Heroes.

Post by mk1rceme Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Not sure what the effect is that you talk about, but I think it is a nice sign befitting of a grateful nation. Not sure if I like a municipalities logo on there though. Just hope the theives and vandals keep their paws off it and all the other signs.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Honestly Dale, the effect could be anything I suppose. In my case, I was just driving down the road, minding my own business when I saw this sign. I noted right off the bat it is NOT Bilingual. The signs along highway 401 are all bilingual.

This sign is very blue, for lack of a better description. It really 'pops' against the open country area around it.

I agree the Quinte logo is a bit off however, I suspect it was chosen to show the Quinte Region's official support.

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Being from Alberta, we don't see many bilingual signs here. Never thought of that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 am