Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.)

edstorey
    edstorey

Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.) Empty Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.)

Post by edstorey Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:37 am

Mr Couvrette landed at Normandy on 6 June with the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (MG). I first met him in 1983 when I was preparing to go to France for the 40th Anniversary of the Invasion. Mr Couvrette bought an unissued Canadian WWII BD Tunic off me, they were $14.00 back then, as well as some reproduction insignia so that he could have a BD to wear in France. I then had the good fortune of meeting up with him in Normandy in 1984 and again many times afterwards at the National War Memorial in Ottawa. He always wore that BD and added additional badges and patches over the years.

He was a Veteran that Canadians can be justly proud of, rest in peace Mr. Couvrette.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.) Empty Re: Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.)

Post by Cameraguy Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Hero lost...rest in peace Mr. Couvrette
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.) Empty Re: Oscar Couvrette - Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa (M.G.)

Post by mk1rceme Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:27 pm

R.I.P.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 am

R.I.P. Mr Couvrette. Our Second World War veterans are passing away at such an alarming rate. So many have passed in the last couple of years, to the best of my knowledge, we have only 1 Irish Regiment of Canada veteran in Ottawa.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:47 pm