Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet

jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet Empty Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet

Post by jholl72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Well guys, I just got asked to be the guest speaker at the local Legions Remembrance Day Banquet. I'm proud as hell to be asked but also a little nervous.LOL

Battalion Colours

Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet Empty Re: Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet

Post by Battalion Colours Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Sounds interesting and quite a honor. Any idea on what you will talk about?

"Honneur et Fidélité"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet Empty Re: Guest Speaker at the Legions Remembrance Day Banquet

Post by jholl72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm

No idea on topic yet. Still have to speak with the Legion President about it. Should know more tomorrow after I talk with him.

pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Good luck to you Jeff. I know you will do fine. Pray I don't trip on my way to lay the Wreath for the Irish this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:25 pm

I was going to see if you wanted to attend the Banquet, but I know that laying the Irish wreath at the War Memorial is much more important for you. Good luck, I hope you don't trip.LOL

jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Its a 20 minute speech on the 11th at the Legion. The topic has been left to me, the only guidelines are it must be war related.
    I think I will speak about the importance of keeping the memory and history alive through collecting and the public displays and school presentations I do.
    It is an honour to be chosen by the group that I honour with what I do to speak.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:54 am