Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

WANTED: WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment

ledfut
    ledfut

WANTED:  WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment Empty WANTED: WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment

Post by ledfut Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

I just recently picked up a beautiful WW2 RAF navigator's chartboard and maps and am looking to put together a small display of navigator's equipment. I would like to find the following items as typically used by an RAF/RCAF navigator to include in the display:

1. Air ministry marked parallel rule *FOUND*
    2. Air ministry marked dividers (preferably with original wooden box) *FOUND*
    3. Air ministry marked Douglas combined protractor and parallel rule
    4. RAF course and speed calculator (prefarably with original box)

Any leads would be apprecated!

Thanks again.

Last edited by ledfut on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

WANTED:  WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment Empty Re: WANTED: WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment

Post by jholl72 Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I still have the AM marked peice from awhile ago. Was it you that was interested in it?

ledfut

WANTED:  WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment Empty Re: WANTED: WW2 RAF/RCAF Navigator Equipment

Post by ledfut Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:58 pm

jholl72 wrote:I still have the AM marked peice from awhile ago. Was it you that was interested in it?

I did enquire about the piece you had, but decided to hold out in hopes of finding a complete chartboard assembly. As luck would have it, I was just recently able to track down a complete RAF navigator's chartboard and original bag. It should be making its way overseas to Canada shortly! I have also located a number of original RAF navigators maps, and I would now like to find the other instruments (dividers, parallel rule, etc.) to display with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm