Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900

qsamike
    qsamike

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 Empty "C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900

Post by qsamike Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen.....

I have been playing with my new camera and have been at last able to take some extra fine pictures.....

One of the things that I tested it on is a print from The Toronto Star of 1900......

It is a collage of the members of C Company, 2nd Special Service Battalion, Royal Canadian Regiment who served in South Africa.....

If you have a medal to this unit I will be quite willing to forward a photo of the recipient just let me know where to send it.......

Mike

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_10

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_11

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_12

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_13

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_14

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 C_rcr_15
    Hill677
    Hill677

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 Empty Re: "C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900

Post by Hill677 Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Mike
    I don`t know if he was C Company man but if their is a man "7395 PTE. J. TOMLINSON"
    I don`t own his group but I`am responsible for his reunite, ie QSA with his WW1 trio, you see he was also an original Patricia(my former Regt.) I got into a bidding war for his Trio & Memorial cross..I didn`t win..It went to someome in England..The next day I found his QSA.. Shocked I informed the seller & he undated the sale and I believe contacted the winner of the trio..It is now owned by a Canadian.. Very Happy Who is a member on the British Medals Forum.
    museumsofburlington
    museumsofburlington

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 Empty "C" Company - Roayl Canadian Regiment 1900

Post by museumsofburlington Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:41 pm

I am researching a member of the Ireland Family from Burlington, who served in the Second Boer War. We have very little to go by, but I am assuming he enlisted in either London or Toronto. Would you be able to let me know if a J. A. Ireland or John Alexander Ireland from either Nelson, Burlington or Hamilton is listed on the poster you posted a picture of?

I was able to find his listing through the Library and Archives Canada database; unfortunately, there was no regiment information included with his record.

Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Brianne Crites
    Assistant Curator
    Ireland House at Oakridge Farm
    critesb 'at' burlington 'dot' ca
    Hill677
    Hill677

"C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900 Empty Re: "C" COMPANY. ROYAL CANADIAN REGIMENT 1900

Post by Hill677 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

I have found some info on the LAC`s " Soldiers of the South African War (1899 - 1902)"HERE

It appears he served with the " South African Constabulary " regimental #1494..

Hope this Helps!!
    CHEERS
    David
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Hello Brianne.....

Sorry he is not in the photo it seems he only served in the South African Constabulary, "C" Company.....

He is listed in the book "No Colours, No Drums"......

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm