Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Empty British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife

Post by mk1rceme Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Here is my original Mk.II Kukri that I Found last year that was in semi-relic condition. It was not kept in the best conditions for preservation. I had to have the active rust removed from the blade to stop anymore damage. Normally I would not go this route but given it's apparent rarity I took the chance. The rust was removed with a liquid that can be ingested by humans, so no corrosive chemicals touched it. It came out really good I thought. The rust around the handle and hilt was treated with rust killer with a modelling brush to avoid damage to the wood.

Blade shows excessive pitting from rust damage, is slightly bent at the tip, and has mushroomed out at the thicker top area of the blade by having something hit the top in it's past...but still has a nice visible Broad Arrow stamp. Under the stamp is what looks like a L.D.? 64.

Wood handle is in OK shape but has several dings and scratches. Also looks like someone scratched their initials in it. It is not loose or rotted though.

Overall, a solid piece that went through some hell in it's time.

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Pict0025

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Pict0026

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Pict0027

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Pict0028

British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Pict0029

Here is the picture I got from the seller before I bought it. The rust was worse than the picture shows...this was the good side.
    British Military Pattern Mk.II Gurkha Issue Kukri Knife Khukri10

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am