Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Unknown Patch from WW2

kmtwilson

Unknown Patch from WW2 Empty Unknown Patch from WW2

Post by kmtwilson Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:02 pm

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18412471/2]Unknown Patch from WW2 Patch11[/url][/img]

Hi, I have a patch from my grandfather who was in the Canadian army during WW2. He recently passed away and I'm assembling a memory board for his memorial service. I came across some patched of his and have been researching but cannot locate this particular one. I hope you can help. I can't seem to attach a picture so I'll do my best to describe it. It looks to me to be a trade patch. The whole thing is olive green with goldish embroidery. There is a crown at the top and the trade emblem under. This trade emblem is a capitol 'T' with ivy-like branches under the T.
    48th
    48th

Unknown Patch from WW2 Empty Re: Unknown Patch from WW2

Post by 48th Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

What you have there is a army "Group A" trade badge, used during WWII 1942-45 and right up to 1953 for that matter.
    At the start of WWII soldiers used individual specific trade badges and in 1942 cretin trades were grouped into classes. Group C being just a T, group B having a wreath under the T and group A being what you have.

I hope this helps
    kmtwilson

Post by kmtwilson Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:59 pm

That is great information! Thanks!! One last question, any idea what the 'T' stands for? What trade it stands for?
    kmtwilson

Post by kmtwilson Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Nevermind! Found it!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:40 pm