Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit

Mike1000

Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit Empty Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit

Post by Mike1000 Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Hello,

I just picked a brand new Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit, it hasn't been issued, there is no holes, dirt or anything. I was wondering if anyone knew how much they are worth in brand new condition Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit Search?q=Canadian%20forces%20NBC%20suit&psj=1&biw=1440&bih=785&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=123DUZ-sE4W34AOypoDoDg#facrc=_&imgrc=sncZEGnx5KMnNM%3A%3By2_3SDk_4e_l9M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.canadaka.net%252Fmodules%252FMy_eGallery%252Fgallery%252Farmed_forces%252Fchemsuit-1oct7_t.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.canadaka.net%252Fpic-6432 

It's the one in the picture (That's not mine, but it is the exact same) Also does anyone know what those brown little square things are on the right shoulder? I believe the suits are used by CRIJU.
    Cheers (Just look up CadPat NBC suit, since I am a new user it won't let me upload links)
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit Empty Re: Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit

Post by Infanteer Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 am

Not sure what photo you are looking at but I'm quite certain that the brown objects you are referring to are chemical agent detector papers. When these pieces of treated paper come into contact with liquid agents they will turn different colors depending on the type of agent present.

These suits can be issued to any member of the military. In fact everyone learns to use them in basic training as a minimum.
    Mike1000

Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit Empty Thanks

Post by Mike1000 Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:07 am

Thanks for the info, I'll defiantly upload pictures today or tomorrow. How much do you think they are worth in brand new condition?
    Thanks
    edstorey
    edstorey

Canadian Forces CadPat NBC Suit Empty And the Second Question Always Is....

Post by edstorey Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:20 am

How much is it worth.   Sad really how 'collecting' has evolved.
    Mike1000

Post by Mike1000 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:02 am

Hello, do you know how much it's worth, if your referring to me asking, I am just curious to see if what I paid for it was good.

Thanks
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:35 am

Mike1000 wrote:Hello, do you know how much it's worth, if your referring to me asking, I am just curious to see if what I paid for it was good.

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will learn a lot here and make some new e-friends. If the replies to yur first couple of posts appear unfriendly it is mostly because many of us are growing weary of members (especially new ones) whose sole interest appears to be the monetary value of their items instead of their rarity, historical context, collection 'fit', etc.

You state that you just want to "see if what I paid for it was good" but, if you bought it then I can only assume it is because the price you paid was acceptable to you at the time of purchase in order to add this to your collection. If, on the other hand, you bought this in order to flip it for a quick buck, then you can understand why the collective membership gets a bit PO'ed.

In any event, I look forward to pics.

Clive
    Mike1000

Post by Mike1000 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:10 am

Hello, I understand why you guys would be abit pissed off, I'm not going to sell it, but if the offer ever came, it would be nice to know what they fetch. Sorry edstorey or anyone else who did not like my post,  would you like me to remove it? The pictures will be posted soon.
    Thanks
    recceboy
    recceboy

Post by recceboy Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:50 pm

The suits do not come issued with the chemical detector paper. And by the way this is a very Restricted item.........................

A

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am